Michelin launches e.Primacy, its first CO2-neutral tire at the time of purchase
Michelin announces the launch of its e.Primacy tire, its first CO2-neutral tire at the time of purchase. Michelin e.Primacy promises the most efficient performance in its category in terms of rolling resistance, making it more environmentally friendly and affordable to use.
To reduce its environmental footprint more quickly, Michelin has pledged to lower CO2 emissions from all its production facilities by 50% by 2030 compared with 2010, with the ultimate goal of achieving carbon neutrality by 2050. Michelin is also developing solutions to use renewable or recycled materials to manufacture its tires, while enhancing their performance even more. By 2030, Michelin tires will be 20% more energy efficient than they were in 2010.
Michelin E.Primacy in figures:
– 27% reduction in rolling resistance compared to its category
– 0.21 l/100 km average fuel savings
– 80 Euro cost savings after 35,000 km
– 174 kg reduction in CO2 emissions over the life of the tire
– 7 percent increase in EV range
– 56 sizes from 15 to 20 inches
– March 1, 2021 – launch date for the first products on sale